Graham-Mebane Lake offers sport fishing, boating, skiing, bank fishing, picnicking, and the peace of a relaxing afternoon. There are seven boat launching ramps, along with bank fishing areas and two fishing piers. The marina features a boat ramp seven lanes wide, offering ample space for loading and unloading multiple boats at once. There are three long ramps and four short ramps. The short ramps are closed during periods of low water levels for launching safety. There are also two docks for securing boats. The lake also offers tournaments and programs. Graham-Mebane Lake is a 650-acre municipal reservoir. Formerly known as Quaker Lake, the Lake was expanded from 150 acres to its’ present size in 1994. In addition to Quaker Creek, four other creeks (Otter Creek, Mill Creek, Stagg Creek, and Back Creek) feed into the lake. The lakes primary purpose is as a source of drinking water for the citizens of Graham, Mebane, Green Level, and Swepsonville, no swimming or wading is allowed. To ensure a safe trip, follow all NCWRC boating rules and regulations. For safety, Graham-Mebane Lake restricts admittance during periods of lightning, heavy rain, and fog until safe boating/fishing is assured. Graham-Mebane Lake is an alcohol-free facility. Pets must be leashed with leash in hand and remain under positive control. Parking is limited, so please carpool if possible. Restrooms are available at the marina and along the bank fishing area.
The lake features one large picnic shelter with an outdoor grill. Reservations are recommended for the use of the large picnic shelter for scheduled events. First come, first served if there is not a reservation. Shelter reservations are accepted from April 1 – October 31. No electricity. Includes two grills (1 full size: 1088 sq. in. & 1 family size: 293 sq. in.)
Shelter Size: 20′ x 35′ (6 tables)
Maximum capacity is 35 persons. Parking is limited, carpooling is recommended.
Times: (changes based on operational hours)
Graham Resident $25 per reservation period
General Public $50 per reservation period
Please contact the Graham-Mebane Lake Office for more information about reservations at (919) 563-6544.
- All shelter rentals must be paid in full prior to rental date.
- Please be courteous to others and honor your rental time slot.
- Maximum capacity is 35 persons. Parking is limited, carpooling is recommended.
- Shelters may not be used for commercial use by any individual or organization for private gain.
- Trash and debris must be picked up and disposed of in the waste receptacles.
- Lake rules and regulations are posted in the Marina and must be followed.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted at shelter or anywhere on lake premises.
- Refunds will not be issued if the shelter reservation is cancelled within seven (7) business days of rental
- The Graham Recreation and Parks Department reserves the right and authority to deny or revoke any reservation upon finding a violation of any rule or regulation or upon good cause.
- Shelters may not be used for events that use voice amplification systems.
- Glass, ceramic, or other breakable containers may not be used.
There are also several other free-of-charge picnic areas with grills located throughout the marina area offered on a first come basis.
- Graham-Mebane Lake
- 3218 Bason Road
- Mebane, NC 27302