The 1956 construction of the Graham Civic Center was funded and supervised by the Graham Chapters of the Rotary, Kiwanis, Exchange and Jaycees Clubs on land donated by Dr. and Mrs. J.L. Johnson. Throughout the years, the Center hosted the Graham Rotary Club, Graham Optimist Club, Graham Lions Club, Graham Jaycees, Kiwanis Club of Graham and the Graham Exchange Club. After 50 years operating the Civic Center, the Civic Clubs of Graham donated the building and land to the City of Graham. The donation was used as matching funds to a grant the City of Graham received from the NC Parks and Recreation Trust Fund (PARTF). The PARTF Grant was used to completely renovate the kitchen and restroom area of the Civic Center. Additions to the Civic Center grounds were also part of the PARTF Grant. A sand volleyball court, horseshoe pits (no longer at facility), and playground were added. The Civic Center was re-opened in December, 2008. Since re-opening, the Graham Civic Center hosts meetings of the Graham Rotary Club and the American Legion Post 54 . The Center has also hosted community meetings, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, birthday parties, showers, and family reunions. Well-behaved, leashed dogs (short leash and in hand) are welcome in our parks. Please help keep our parks clean by cleaning up after your pet. This is a tobacco-free, smoke-free, vape-free park.
- Civic Center Meeting Room
This area can be used for the following:
Indoors: The main area of the Civic Center is approximately 29’x50’, seats approximately 75 people with 10 rectangular tables, 6 round tables, and 100 chairs. Other amenities for this facility include a small warming kitchen, guest Wi-Fi, and audio visual equipment.
Outdoors: The park surrounding the Civic Center features a sand volleyball court, playground, green space, and a picnic shelter (first come, first served).
Please contact the Graham Recreation Center for more information about reservations at (336) 570-6718.
- Graham Civic Center
- 503 McGee Street
- Graham, NC 27253