The Visitors Center, formerly known as the Interurban Building, has welcomed visitors and businesses to our City for over 100 years. Built in 1911, the Interurban Building was home to the Texas Interurban Railway that ran from Waxahachie through Red Oak, Lancaster, and Dallas to Sherman-Denison until the 1950s. It was also the region’s first electric-powered building and where area residents’ electricity bills were paid for more than 50 years. The Lancaster Visitors Center and State Auxiliary Museum continues in this rich tradition.
- Visitors Center/State Auxiliary Museum
- 103 N. Dallas Avenue
- Lancaster, TX 75146