Cass Park as part of the Ithaca Youth Bureau is committed to providing safe programming that meets State guidelines which include social distancing, wearing masks, cleaning and sanitizing equipment, and health checks. All programs will follow NYS Guidelines for Youth Sports and Recreation as well as NYS Guidelines for Gyms and Fitness Centers.
- For the safety of all (participants, visitors and staff), the completion of your transaction means that you read through our COVID policies and agree to follow the safety protocols as stated. The policies are also linked on our website, www.casspark.org/ice-rink
Please have your child arrive ready to participate wearing a mask and follow your program specific information for check-ins & health screenings. (All participants must be prepared to wear a mask throughout the program, when physical distancing is not possible.)
- Health Screening Checks are required for all participants prior to participating in each session.
Per the guidance of the CDC and NYS health department, participants will be asked the following questions by staff at check in each day (Some programs may additionally be checking temperatures which is not a requirement):
1. Have you or anyone in your household tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
2. Have you had any symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days such as fever, cough,shortness of breath?
3. Have you knowingly been in close contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
4. In the last 14 days have you or anyone in your household traveled to a state presently listed on the NYS COVID-19 travel advisory?
- If at any point, your child participant begins to exhibit COVID symptoms, (fever combined with shortness of breath, cough, body aches) they will need to be picked-up ASAP.
All lessons are 30 minutes in length unless otherwise noted. Due to COVID-19 protocols and limited attendance during public skate sessions, lesson participants will be asked to leave the rink at the end of their lesson unless they purchase admission to the public session using our online registration system. There will be a limited number of walk-up spots designated for each public session.
PLEASE NOTE: Tots & Beginner classes will be requiring a helmet for participation. All other levels a helmet is strongly recommended. Lessons do not require figure skates — hockey skates are permitted, but double blade skates are not. Skates may be rented at the park at regular $3.50 rental fee.